The purpose of the Academy is to provide an academic environment where moral values, service to others, and a positive self-image are developed, successfully preparing students to face the challenges they will confront throughout their lives. Students are educated spiritually and intellectually, integrating Catholic truths with personal values and morals. As educators, we recognize that each student is given a variety of unique gifts and abilities from God. Through an age-appropriate curriculum, the Academy strives to nurture these special gifts, and foster self-esteem, independence, and respect for others. We firmly believe that within a Catholic community setting each student will:
- be recognized with the dignity worthy of one created by God and for God, regardless of age, background or achievement
- be given the opportunity to develop, according to talents and needs, as a unique human person
- experience an integrated system of Catholic truths and personal values
- be challenged to use their special gifts in the service of others
In compliance with the threefold aim of Catholic education – teaching doctrine, building a faith community, and serving others - we will
- design our educational program to provide for the spiritual, psychological, intellectual, physical and social needs of students
- evaluate regularly the content, methods, and materials of our program in order to guarantee a quality Catholic education
- express, through a life of faith by faculty, administrators, students and parents, the peace and joy that come in witnessing the Gospel message
- engage students in service activities that are meaningful to their age level and that demonstrate the responsibilities involved in personal growth and development
The mission of St. Rose of Lima Academy is to develop the whole person through a community experience of faith, academics, and life. Through this integrated experience each student will develop respect for and responsibility to oneself and others. Each student is challenged to use his or her special gifts in the service of all God’s people.
We provide a safe, secure and challenging learning environment, to afford opportunities for all students to realize their individual potential and to become responsible and productive members of society.