Athletics are an important part of the SRLA Community. We focus on instructional and competitive play, team-building, and sportsmanship. From our annual pep rally to our faculty and parents support at games and tournaments, SRLA embraces its athletic program as part of its community.
Our program offers an instructional and competitive opportunity for athletes of all ages to learn how to play a sport, participate in a team sport, achieve individual goals and show school spirit. All enrolled SRLA students are welcome to participate in our athletic programs. To encourage participation, we have a “no-cuts” policy in all sports. We want our students to try new sports, have fun, make friends and take pride in our school.
SRLA offers the following sports:
- Cross-Country (Fall) – open to students in grades K-8
- Girls Volleyball (Fall) – open to students in grades 5-8
- Basketball (Winter) – open to students in grades 3-8
- Track and Field (Spring) – open to students in grades K-8
- Boys Volleyball (Spring) – open to students in grades 5-8
Our goal is to provide a safe and healthy environment for our students to play sports. Any student playing a sport must have a physical on file with the school nurse. Our parent coaches and athletic committee members are trained to manage health issues or injuries that may occur during practice or in game play.